How To Install XFCE 4.4.3
With the upcoming release of 4.6 I decided that for people to know what they are getting into. XFCE is a Desktop environment and is a great one at that. But more on that tomorrow when I review XFCE 4.4.3.
Now on to the How-To:
- Open your Ubuntu or Kubuntu Terminal: ALT+F2 gnome-terminal or ALT-F2 konsole.
- Type in: sudo apt-get install xfce4
- Now you go through putting in your password and saying yes to everything (by putting a y you say yes)
- After XFCE4 downloads and installs I would recommend restarting your computer: sudo shutdown -r now
- When you are on the Login screen go to options>session>XFCE4
- Now type in your credentials (Username and Password)
- It will ask your if you want to use XFCE as the Default session or a Just for now session: choose which ever one you want.
- And now you are in XFCE 4.4.3 and that is all you need to do.
Remember to come back tomorrow for a review of XFCE 4.4.3 and for some screenshots.