I installed the latest Ubuntu so that I had a fresh install. I had tried Mythbuntu, but I found it too hard to figure out as the device was always asleep.
To setup Hauppauge HVR 950Q you need to not have the usb plugged in when you install it.
You should get Kaffeine. To get it you should install it by using the command: sudo apt-get install kaffeine
Now to get the tv to work you need to install another package: sudo apt-get install libxine1-ffmpeg
- Now plug in the USB TV tuner
- Open Kaffeine.
- Go to digital TV.
- Under the Television Menu click configure Television
- Click Device 1
- In North America use the NTSC, (not sure what it is in other continents)
- Go back to General Options
- Click Update scan data over Internet
- Click OK
- Go to Television Menu again and Click Channels
- The source should say NTSC.
- Now you need to scan for channels
- Click Start scan.
- In the scan results the channels that are available to you will show up.
- You can filter what you want. Filters includes Free to air, Radio, TV, Provider: (a drop down box is below)
- When you want to add the channels select the ones you want by clicking add filtered or add selected.
- Click OK.
- Click the channel you want to watch
That is all for now,